Monday, April 9, 2012

Weeknight curry.

This is a very quick and easy dinner!

There are lots of different delicious ways you could make it. 

Basically, you stir-fry whatever vegetables you like, along with some meat if you want.

Then dump a can of coconut milk on top.

Then add curry powder or paste.

Let it simmer for a few minutes, and that's it.

 (You will once again have to ignore my lack of food staging skills.)

I used zucchini, yellow summer squash, and chicken breast, with peanuts on top. I imagine it would be delicious with thin strips of beef and bell peppers too. Maybe some mushrooms. You could go for something more authentic like bamboo shoots. Or bean sprouts on top. But the beauty of this for me is that it only uses stuff you can easily get at Kroger. I know just grabbing some curry powder isn't the most authentic but it's one ingredient instead of like twenty. So it works for me. I like to leave real Thai cooking up to restaurants because it's one of the few things where if you buy all the ingredients it really is just as expensive as going out.

No comments:

Post a Comment