Sunday, April 15, 2012

Curried deviled eggs.


At one of our favorite restaurants, Kurt always orders the Bavarian Omelette, which is filled with delicious curried beef and is somehow sweet, not spicy.

And that is how I came up with adding curry to eggs. It's delicious!

Plus if I tried to make normal deviled eggs they would inevitably be inferior to Kurt's great-grandmother's deviled eggs, and then we would both be sad because she lives a thousand miles away. But if I make deviled egg variations, we can just enjoy them for what they are.

Ingredients:
Hard-boiled eggs.
Greek yogurt.
Curry powder.
Paprika.
Honey.

Pretty sure you can figure this out but I will put directions because I'm so professional... put the egg yolks in a sandwich baggie with a good amount of greek yogurt (about the same volume of yogurt as of egg yolk), a bunch of curry powder (the basic stuff from the grocery store is really not hot at all), a little paprika, and a little honey. Have fun squishing the baggie until it's all one color, then cut a hole in the corner and pipe it out into the egg white halves. Top with a sprinkle of curry powder and/or paprika.

I originally used yogurt because we didn't have sour cream (don't even talk about mayonnaise to me because it's a weird color and tastes gross... I usually just use sour cream) but I think it actually adds a nice tangy taste. Plus, it makes these completely good for you unless you are one of those people who only eat egg whites because the yolks are too fatty.

1 comment:

  1. They look delicious. (This is a "certain" someone!)

    ReplyDelete